1. Stay in a convenient cabin.
Whether you’re traveling with the family or with a gang of friends, you’ll find the right Gatlinburg cabin with Colonial Properties. Cabins give you more relaxing privacy and quiet than any hotel. You get a fully equipped kitchen where you can save money on meals. You can book a short or long stay–whatever your getaway looks like!
2. Dine outside your comfort zone.
Steer clear of familiar chains and investigate unique Gatlinburg eateries like Local Goat, Wild Plum Tea Room, The Donut Friar, and more. Try the secret-recipe Ogle Dog hot dog at Fannie Farkle’s arcade or the legendary taffy (33 flavors!) for which Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen is famous. Eat what you can’t get back home!
3. Find Gatlinburg’s less-visited treasures.
When you live near a tourist destination, it’s easy to feel as if you’ve seen and done all there is to do. Do some planning to score .attractions off the beaten path, like these:
- Maybe you’ve visited the popular Cades Cove, but do you know about the ghost town of Elkmont?
- If you’ve “done” Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies already, why not skip another trip to the fish and instead see native mammals at Wildlife Encounter at Ober Gatlinburg?
- If a quirky museum tickles you, check out the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum or the Gatlinburg Pinball Museum.
4. Create your own themed getaway.
If you’re a short drive from Gatlinburg, you can stay a shorter time yet return for different adventures another time, too. Why not curate your break around one favorite activity?
- Adrenaline lovers can spend days comparing thrilling zip lines or trying different go-kart tracks.
- See spectacular wildflowers in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or attend the Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage.
- Take the Gatlinburg Wine Trail tour, a self-guided tour of five area wineries.
- Visit Gatlinburg’s moonshine distilleries to savor samples and learn about this historic spirit.
5. Ask about special deals.
Anakeesta theme park offers a 20 percent discount to Sevier County residents. Dollywood has been known to give limited-time discounts on season passes for East Tennessee locals. SkyLift Park also gives discounts to county residents. Check with other attractions for deals!
Gatlinburg is just down the road, with so much to do and so many great cabins waiting for you. Reserve your local getaway cabin now.