RELAX WITH A PICNIC
Picnics and cookouts are Labor Day traditions. Your family will love Pigeon Forge picnic spots like these:
- Bring your favorite takeout or a homemade picnic to Patriot Park, an in-town retreat with a walking trail displaying all the state flags. Don’t forget food for the ducks.
- Take a short drive to Metcalf Bottoms in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. You’ll find riverside tables and charcoal grills anyone can use.
- Your private cabin is ideal for a cookout. Fire up the cabin’s grill and get those burgers or steaks sizzling. Got a cabin with a fire pit? Toast marshmallows and make s’mores for dessert!
ENJOY AN OLD-FASHIONED COUNTY FAIR
There’s no more all-American way to celebrate the end of summer than a county fair! The Sevier County Fair runs from Aug. 31-Sept. 6. Try all the fairground rides. Watch livestock shows, rodeos, and concerts. Try free laser tag, cheer on the BBQ pitmaster showdown, visit the butterfly habitat, and more. Events change daily, so check out the offerings! Parking is free and admission is only $6 (on “Rodeo Days,” Sept. 4 and 5, admission is $12).
REV UP FOR FALL
Come for Labor Day weekend and stay for a high-octane celebration of hot rods. Dollywood’s Splash Country Water Park hosts the Shades of the Past Car Show on Sept. 10-11.
More than 200 hot rods compete for honors--root for your favorites. Then visit the vendors or saunter over to the huge swap meet. Admission is $10 and kids under 12 are free. You don’t have to be a hot rod collector to love these cars.
TAKE IN A SHOW
Pigeon Forge is famed for stage acts. Give yourself an end-of-summer treat full of knee-slapping comedy, toe-tapping dance, delightful music, and entertaining antics. Your only problem will be choosing which show to see. Why not give Labor Day a great send-off and see more than one? Here are just a few sparkling shows:
- Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud pits lumberjacks against each other in feats of daring and skill.
- Country Tonite features classic and modern country hits plus patriotic and gospel music, sung by up-and-coming performers.
- The Comedy Barn promises clean comedy with a country theme. Bring grandma and the little ones to this family show.
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show delights with a friendly battle between hilarious pirate crews while you feast.